Trivatch Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Convention game room experience

3 posters

Go down

Convention game room experience Empty Convention game room experience

Post by dvatch Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:10 pm

For all of you convention goers and especially those who have seen or played with us at one of the conventions we attended, let us know what you think and how we can improve the experience for you! here are some things to think about:

- What drew your attention to Legends of Rakasa or Trivatch's tables?
- What would you like to see more of (ie raffles, tournament rounds, etc)?
- How do you think we could attract the attention of con attendees who may not visit the game room or know it exists?
- What types of things would you like to win from tournament game play?

dvatch

Back to top Go down

Convention game room experience Empty Re: Convention game room experience

Post by Fain Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:52 pm

The first time I learned about Rakasa, I went to the tabletop room at SacAnime out of sheer boredom on the last day of the con and  saw the Legends of Rakasa setup in the corner of the room. As soon as I approached that table, David came up to me and introduced Rakasa to me. Halfway through his explanation of the game, I couldn't help but think "This game is a lot like Monster Hunter!" I was instantly hooked from then on.

I'm not good when it comes to PR at all. But I think to help promote the game and let others know it exists outside of the tabletop room, is to let others in the video gaming rooms know to check it out. It's comparison to other fantasy type games that allow you to craft, hunt monsters and fight dragons should interest other gamers for sure. But that's just my opinion and I haven't been to the video gaming room in so long.
Fain
Fain

Back to top Go down

Post by mwvatch Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:24 am

Awesome point! Our first Con and probably the one that set our con paradigm was AX 2013. At this con, the video game room and table top room are one big room in an exhibit hall. When we reach out to the room we capture both groups. From now on though, we will definitely make that effort as our game was designed to reconnect video gamers to tabletop gaming while keeping avid board gamers interested. I would even go so far as to prepare a different type of pass along crafted with this group in mind. Again, awesome idea! Thank you!
mwvatch
mwvatch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down